Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pistachio and sesame crusted teriyaki sea bass


Tonight we were headed to meet up with friends, but of course we were late, so we opted to stay in and cook a gourmet meal. We stopped at the Fresh Market and picked up some thick firm sea bass. My husband, Bill and I came up with this recipe on the fly and it is now in the top 10.

Seabass for two
1/8 cup crushed pistachios
1 tsp of black sesame seeds
salt
pepper
olive oil
teriyaki sauce
handful of snow peas
6 shitaki mushrooms
small bunch of green onions
lemon
First I took out my mini food processor. I can't afford the real one yet. I think mine cost me about twenty bucks. Anyway, I chopped up the pistachios until they were somewhat fine. I dumped them in a medium size ziplock bag and added the sesame seeds and salt and pepper. I put the sea bass in the bag, sealed it and put it in the fridge while I finished the recipe.
This was actually a super easy recipe. I chopped up my shitake and green onions and lightly sauteed them in a little olive oil and teriyaki. I added a bit of water as I didn't want the teriyaki to be overpowering.
I heated up a skillet with some oil on medium high and seared the sea bass on each side for a few minutes. I added a few tbsp of teriyaki to the sauce and put it in the oven at 350 for about 10-15 minutes. When I pulled it out, I put it on top of my asian veggies. Wow! Was that good!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.ilovenewhotels.com

    http://www.ilovelauderdale.com

    ReplyDelete